Radiation-hard fibers for use in military and civilian applications
With these fibers, j-fiber offers a selection of singlemode and multimode fibers that are manufactured, tested, and qualified to the US MIL-PRF-49291 standard. The fibers are listed on the Qualified Product List (QPL) at the US Department of Defense (DOD).
Approval from the US Defense Logistics Agency (DFA) was obtained by j-fiber back in 2003: this approval covers both the manufacture of these fibers and the completion of in-house qualification tests at j-fiber. Approval covers the fiber types SMF 9/125, MMF 50/125, and MMF 62.5/125, each with coating diameters of 250 µm and 500 µm.
Your advantages at a glance
- Fibers fulfil or exceed the quality standards ITU-T G.651/ITU-T G.652 and IEC 60793-2-10/IEC 60793-2-50, and are tested and approved to the MIL-PRF-49291 standard
- 100% quality inspection according to IEC 60793-1
- All fibers both fulfil and exceed the requirements for ionizing radiation (gamma/neutron radiation) according to MIL-PRF-49291
- Compatibility with all standardized graded-index multimode and singlemode fibers
- Outstanding splice properties plus compatibility with installed fiber networks and photonic components
- Available with a coating diameter of 250 µm or 500 µm
- Fiber types and MIL specification
All fibers can also be supplied with alternative transmission parameters.
Fibers conform fully to ITU-T G.651 (MMF) and ITU-T G.652 (SMF)
- Special radiation-hard design
- Compatibility with all standard multimode and standard singlemode fibers
- Suitable for military and civilian applications
- Use in environments with potential radiation hazards
- Colored and ring-marked (optional)
- Various lengths
- Various attenuation classes available
- Available uncolored or in 16 IEC colors
- Additional ring marking possible (please clarify coding)
- Various proof test levels on request
- Available as fiber set (FiberUnit) with 8/12 fibers
Fields of use
- Radiation-resistant fibers for data transmission in nuclear power stations
- Data transmission in aerospace
- Data transmission and general control applications, e.g. in research institutions
Please contact us for further information. We look forward to your inquiry.
Phone +49 3641-352-100